Ashen Skies (k.marie.johnson)

Years after nuclear wars forced the United States into a dystopian future, hippy mom Rachel learns there is one universal truth to her new world: To survive, you must be willing to bathe in blood.

Play on Mobile: https://link.talescreator.com/CRu1fNHGxkb

:eyes: What kind of parenting style did ppl select at first? Cautious, amiable, or tenacious?

I went with cautious because i’m nervous af that i’m going to screw this kid up :joy:

Just finished the first chapter and am hooked! I chose to be amiable to avoid conflicts. I’m already so attached to the family so far.

3 Likes

Amiable was my second choice! Yeah, the family vibes are strong right off the bat. How did you handle telling the boys what was going on?

1 Like

I told them the truth about the bombing. I figured it was best to trust their opinions and ideas. Also to not have them accuse me of hiding things from them especially since they look up to me.

2 Likes

Yes! Good point. I’m wondering how long we’ll have to stay in the bunker :grimacing:

1 Like

We did a live read for this story a while back. We only got to episode 3 (someone shared it) but I’m curious to know what ending I will get, especially when there are 16 possible endings! I need to know what happens once we leave the bunker.

4 Likes

I started the story a while ago, then my progress was lost because of an app glitch. This time, I’m going to finish it. :slight_smile: So well done. I feel absolutely immersed in the events. :scream:

3 Likes

I’m loving this series! The relationships and situations are real and presented in a way that makes you feel like you’re actually there making these important decisions! I haven’t finished yet, but I’m certainly hooked!

3 Likes

I’ve read it TWICE! I love this type of stories. It doesn’t get any more perfect for an IF adventure - survival in group dynamics, figuring out who you can trust, making choices that will bite you in the butt later… So nerve racking but oh soooo good!

6 Likes

I really love how true to parenting this story is! Lots of stories really fumble this, but this one really captures it. I really feel like the character when playing.

3 Likes

Love this story!

1 Like

loved this story

1 Like

super good so far

1 Like

Vvvv

This story is very interesting

Feels like a story perfect for what’s happening in the world today

1 Like

Can’t wait to read this