Darkendore: Knight Defender (chrislarge)

good

1 Like

Right of course. You are free to charge what you want, and people are free to buy it or not. They are not ridiculously pricy, most authors are part time so itā€™s not like anyone cares whether they make money or not. No oneā€™s being forced to read or write, itā€™s not anyoneā€™s fault that a semi-literate truck driver can earn a lot more than a college professor.

1 Like

when is the next chapter coming out. Iā€™m excited its release

1 Like

Next chapter could be out late this month or early March. Sorry for the delay. Thereā€™s a lot going on.

canā€™t wait for more to release really love it

1 Like

Hey why do you intentionally leave out some races or genders? Like some of your stories donā€™t have male protagonists, and others donā€™t have white protagonistsā€¦

Hi, there are a few reasons. Catā€™s Claw was the first story I wrote for Tales and it was always designed to be a story about a female superhero. I wrote it several years ago now and it was before the major movie studios were making films about female heroes. Also, Tales didnā€™t support customizable MCs at that point so thereā€™s just the one option.

Darkendore was a little different. That one is a Harry Potter-type story. Obviously there is already a story of this type with a white, male MC so I made this one with a choice of two females and one male, the male being black. When I first made the options I had an option for a white female, an Asian female and a black male, but Tales chose to update the character art for that story and changed the white female to a black female. I didnā€™t make that choice but I didnā€™t mind it either. With Knight Defender I have just carried on the same choice of MCs from Darkendore since I canā€™t create new ones in the same art style.

I was writing Dreamwalkers for Tales on contract, and I was given a list of characters for that story by the Tales Narrative team. It was meant to be about a Mexican MC and so thatā€™s how I wrote it. You can be either male or female. That story is on hold right now due to a directive from Tales.

TNG Trek: Orion Raiders is the first story Iā€™ve written for Tales with a white male MC option since Star Trek has a tradition of white men as main characters and because I realize I havenā€™t really had many options for white male MCs in the past.

Hope that answers your question.

Regards
Chris

1 Like

Amazing

1 Like

amazing

1 Like

nice story

1 Like

Ugh I donā€™t have enough diamond to continue

Wait, why IS MC still in their initiate habits? What was even the point of the Knocking Ceremonyā€¦

loved it

1 Like

how many chapters will there be?

wish there were more darkendore books

1 Like

Why are they still using the name Winter, when thatā€™s not their real lastname?

Funny story there. Iā€™d love to have Mason wearing a black habit like everyone else, since it would make a lot more sense, but thereā€™s a technical issue at the moment. The art team that developed that characters in that style doesnā€™t exist any more and Iā€™m not able to make new character art in that style. Itā€™s as simple as that.

If you want an in-universe explanation, letā€™s just say that SPOILER ALERT when Lord Ashmore threw Mason into the gate, she lost her new habit on the other side and hasnā€™t bothered to replace it since she doesnā€™t really need to now that sheā€™s a GRIMM. Also, the blue is a good way to distinguish Mason from regular Reapers for now.

Thanks for your interest!

There will probably be 10.

Although Mason discovers her fatherā€™s name wasnā€™t Winter in Darkendore, her Mother chose that name hoping to keep her safe, and since itā€™s still her Motherā€™s surname, Mason has kept using it.

Regards
Chris