Hi from OK

I write non-fiction, poetry, and fiction. I’ve had the best success so far getting the non-fiction published. I published a couple of poems, too. Getting my fiction published now tops my list of writing goals outside of work. (Writing is my main career.)

3 Likes

Welcome, Carlielawson!

How long have you been writing (as a career)? :smiley:

I only turned my hobby into a career last year :smiley: but it’s going quite well. At least better than I expected it would :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Adarkwood,
I launched my career in 1991 as a newspaper journalist. Now, I own a creatives firm and write young adult non-fiction. I have a drawer full of poetry and fiction though that I want to publish. I thought this place sounded cool for that. What type of writing to you do?

1 Like

Hey Carlie :slight_smile:
That’s an amazing career already! Wow! I wish I’d have followed the calling for arts earlier in my life, but :person_shrugging: :smiley:

Poetry is rare here on Tales, but I can imagine publishing them here as a poetry book :thinking: might just be a bit harder to monetize :thinking:

Uhm I like writing interactive game-like stories :smiley: Happy to say I can do this here on Tales! I like fantasy and Sci-fi the most - adventure stories are always great for game writing :smiley:

(However, I get mostly paid by other apps to write simple steamy romance stories :smiley: though another one also pays me for translating their stories into German (my native tongue).)

Hi,
I haven’t been on this in months. The interactive fiction sounds interesting. I’ve never tried my hand at that.

I write gobs of non-fiction, but I joined here hoping it would jumpstart me writing fiction again.

1 Like

Welcome :hugs::sparkling_heart: