House of Peace (davidbyrne)

Responding to an ad in the paper, young Eve finds herself in the basement of a funeral home. She is tasked with making the dead look more appealing. As a mortuary cosmetic, Eve would be in the business of selling death to the living. Accepting the job offer may be the last thing she ever does.

Play on Mobile: https://link.talescreator.com/aAbBr8Lw8nb

Are there new chapters coming

Thank you for reading. I wasn’t sure that anyone had, so I abandoned the project. However, there is more to the story than I have currently posted. I will try and get the third chapter on here within the next week. I hope that you liked the first two chapters!

I love it would love to read more please keep me updated

1 Like

Chapter 3 has been posted. I am working on chapter 4 right now. It should be posted within the next week. thanks for reading!

I became totally engrossed in this story and wonder why it lacks any of the cool visuals that are usually there for the rest of the books.
I hope you will continue it, as i want to see where the story will go; and it ended on quite the cliffhanger.

As a professional proofreader, sometime editor, and avid reader for most of my life; I have one note for you that I hope you will take seriously if you want to improve the quality of your work and thar is: utterly and completely remove the word “anyways”.

It is horrible modern slang and is not a word. It is only to be used in a slang type of situation to define a character who is young and “derpy”.

Otherwise, it took me right out of my reading trance entirely, and broke the mood immediately. I imagine, a vampire in particular, is quite older, and highly unlikely to use a word like that. It struck the mature nature of this woman and immediately made her sound like an idiot.

Please consider what i said and remove this word from your writing entirely. The word is and always will be “anyway”, and I don’t understand why it has suddenly become so prevalent. It has certainly degraded the quality of writing everywhere. It needs to be abolished.

Otherwise, your writing and this story is quite excellent indee d

Thank you for the support. I will take any literary advice that is offered. I am sorry for the long breaks between chapters. This year has been a trying one for me. I am suffering from a horrible writers block. I am hoping that participating in this years NANO Wrimo will be the antidote for my mind. LOL.
As for the cool visuals that my story lacks, well, I am not a coder. I don’t know how to do those things. I would love it if someone were able to spice my story up, maybe then it would receive more views.
I am currently working on the next chapter of House of Peace. I promise that it will be here before November 1st.
Thank you for reading. I welcome all comments.

• David