Introductions

Introduce yourself if you haven’t already! You can use the template posted below or post informally.

**Name:**
**Pronouns (optional):**
**Where are you from?:**
**Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?:**
**What genres do you like best?:**
**What book or game are you hooked on right now?:**
**Other:**

Name: Brooke or bork :slight_smile:
Pronouns (optional): she/her/hers or hie/hir/hirs :purple_heart:
Where are you from?: California, USA
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Both! Though I haven’t been writing as much as I’d like to. Story of my life.
What genres do you like best?: I love speculative fiction! But I also love historical fiction, and anything contemporary if it has a dark slant to it somehow (think Chuck Palahniuk). Anything LGBT+ will catch my attention as well!
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: I’m reading Lirael, the second book in Garth Nix’s series and I’m really into it!!! I also just finished playing Unpacking and it was SO good.
Other: I’m your friendly neighborhood Community Manager! I also have way too many animals. Currently 2 dogs, 2 birds, and 1 cat - but that’s always subject to change :wink:

1 Like

Name: Bean or Dean
Pronouns (optional): she/they
Where are you from?: British Columbia
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Both!
What genres do you like best?: I’m a major fan of dark thrillers and dramas. But also a sucker for happy romances.
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: I’m currently replaying Kingdom Hearts with my kids. I’m both remembering what I loved and hated about this game! It’s the jumping and camera angles wtf
Other: I love Tales and can’t wait to watch the platform grow with you all!

2 Likes

Name: Tracy or ekpeters
Pronouns (optional): she/her/hers
Where are you from?: British Columbia, Canada
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Both!
What genres do you like best?: My favourite is romance and fantasyl I have a weakness for non-humans for some odd reason :rofl:
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Still trying to finish the newest version of FF7.

2 Likes

Name: Clifton (CB Arnold)
Pronouns (optional): he/him
Where are you from?: Colorado Springs, Colorado
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Both, but being a truck driver, I mostly consume audiobooks.
What genres do you like best?: Sci-Fi and Fantasy. Adventure and Thrillers, some Horror. some Paranormal
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Book: Odd Thomas series. Games: Mobile games Art of Conquest, Infinity Kingdom, TerraGenesis and Last Fortress. IOS games: Surviving Mars
Other: I’m just a guy who drives a truck for a living, raises a family, tries to keep his wife happy (writing takes time away from her), and who loves to craft stories and world.

3 Likes

WOW, a truck driver! That is incredible. What genres do you tend to listen to while you’re driving? Do some work better than others for that sort of long-haul listening? :joy:

I got hooked on a pulp fiction-type audio adventure called Deathlands by an organization called Graphic Audio (A movie in your mind). It literally is like a movie in your mind with actors and sound effects, etc.
I’m a big fan of Old Time Radio; shows like Jack Benny, My Favorite Husband starring Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy, just on the radio basically), Philip Marlowe, Gunsmoke, Have Gun, Will Travel, and so many others.
The writing on most of those shows is amazing and I have learned so much about setting a scene just from listening to them.
I love good sci-fi and will listen to Arthur C. Clarke, Octavia E. Butler, Isaac Asimov, E.E. “Doc” Smith, and others. I’m always on the hunt for new sci-fi authors as well.
I also listen to Iris Johansen, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, Neil Gaiman, Ernest Cline, some Pittacus Lore (he mostly drives me crazy, lol), Stephen R. Donaldson, and Anne McCaffrey, among others.
I even listen to books by a physicist named Carlo Rovelli just to keep up with current theories on Quantum Physics. He is very entertaining and informative. He only occasionally dips into the weeds, but on the whole, he is very understandable. I use Quantum Theory in a few of my works and it still fascinates me. (Way back when, I was a Math major and Physics minor and it was called String Theory. But even now, I am still a nerd!)
As far as what works better? It depends on my mood. Right now I’m on a Gunsmoke and Have Gun, Will Travel kick. The Gunsmoke radio show is pretty dark and realistic and deals with real, adult issues regarding things that happened back then, while Have Gun, Will Travel is more idealistic.

2 Likes

This is a fascinating list, thanks for sharing that! What a spectrum here. Quantum theory IS pretty fascinating - never thought about listening to it in a longhaul truck :joy:

Name: Ms. Xyz is my pen name. Genevieve is my real/legal name. You can call me whatever so long as I know what you’re calling me, except any variant of Jenny, Jennifer, or Jen. Most people stick with Eve :grin:
Pronouns: she/they; I’m not too picky about it :rofl:
Where are you from?: California, USA
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: I like to think of myself as a creator, I just like making stuff and I love writing. I like to read but haven’t been doing too much of that lately :sweat_smile:
What genres do you like best?: Fantasy. Comedy. Adventure! Reading used to be my escape, now (with the help of technology lol) I get to consume all sorts of stories!
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: I’m supposed to be reading The New Magic Trilogy by Pamela F Service but I keep binging old cartoons and webcomics. I just got Undertale not too long ago and am on like my fourth run? I’ve cried at the end every time.
Other: I love helping and I love making up games and prompts and stuff. I was born in April of 2000 so I’m about to be 22 at the time of writing this. I’m also a student- trying to become an OT. I kind of phase in and out of “existence” because I get so focused on one thing or the other so while it may look like I’m not present in the community at a point in time, I’m always floating around and will come back within a short time! The friends I’ve made in this community are the best and I know ya’ll will find friends here too! Can’t wait to meet you :grin:

1 Like

Name: Grem
Pronouns (optional): She/Her
Where are you from?: UK
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Mostly writer, but I will read whatever peeks my interest
What genres do you like best?: Thriller, Fantasy, Mystery and the occasional Drama
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Nothing much. Although I am on and off Pokemon Snap at the moment.
Other: I spend way too much time in my own head, hence the never-ending pile of stories I always create. I hope to get these ideas and daydreams structed into stories that you will hopefully enjoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Name: Shawna but most call me Wolfie because of my username.
Pronouns (optional): She, Her
Where are you from?: Middle Tennessee Area
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Starting out as a writer but I aim for both.
What genres do you like best?: Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Action, Drama, and Historical
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Uh I haven’t read or played anything on here yet. Though if you mean an actual video game then it’s both The Sims 4 and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I’ve been reading stories from the visual novel app Love365.
Other: I’m a huge video gamer. I like hobbies such as Paint by Numbers, Diamond Painting, and writing on the side. I’m working on a course for medical coding and billing right now. I do have a novel I’m working on but it’s in the early stages due to writers block.

1 Like

I am Cyn it is nice to be here and I am really excited.
United States but hoping on switching countries.
I write and I read and I am addicted to storytelling.
The happy blend, a little action, a little romance, a little mystery, and always fantasy.

2 Likes

Name: TaLaya but I mostly prefer MsHexley
Pronouns (optional): She/Her
Where are you from?: Brooklyn Native, Pennsylvania resident
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Both. I’m pushing myself to get more on the writer side. I get so nervous about reception that I spend more time picking at the teeniest holes in my stuff I can find.
What genres do you like best?: Horror, Royal Drama, urban fantasy, Black Comedy ala Addams Family and some spicy romances now and then.
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Current favorite would have to be Apex Predator.
Other: I’m honestly shocked I got taken off the waitlist, I was so nervous about this since I was having imposter syndrome but I’m happy to be given a shot to showcase the works I’ve been working on and challenging myself to make them more branching as well.

Name: Chad
Pronouns (optional): He/him
Where are you from?: Seattle area. Been here most of my life but looking to leave the country.
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Writer mostly, though I want to help others reach their metrics on their own stories as well. We gotta stick together!
What genres do you like best?: Fantasy and Sci-fi.
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: I actually don’t have much time for either right now but I am a huge fan of Raymond Feist’s Rift War saga series and am slowly (very slowly) going back through that series.
Other: When I received the email to write for Tales a week ago, I was so ecstatic. The story I’m working on, Children of Darkness, has been one I’ve been working on for about 24 years or so. I’ve watched it transform from an Akira-like (for those into anime) story to a Dragon Ball Z style story, to high fantasy, before finally resting as a dark fantasy/ horror. It hasn’t been an easy series to write as I hadn’t been pleased with any of it but I finally found my groove with it and I’m excited to share it.

1 Like

Name: Lauren
Pronouns (optional): She/her
Where are you from?: Florida, US
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Definitely both. I’m especially into reading branching stories lately.
What genres do you like best?: Romance, Adventure, YA, anything LBGTQ+ as well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Currently love puzzle and farming games. I recently finished Stray, the game where you get to play as a cat wandering around a cyberpunk city. I’m in TEARS it was such a great game experience, so cute too! :3
Other: I also write and draw my own webcomics. I’ve been doing that for 3 years now.

1 Like

Name: Urieltalon
Pronouns (optional): Squirrel, not a furry just a bit scattered-brained. lol.
Where are you from?: Illusia?
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: At the moment on here I am attempting to be a writer, but I am an avid reader outside of here. I need to find some brand new reads in the tales app.
What genres do you like best?: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Mystery, Historical Fiction, Intellectual.
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Black Jewels is my favorite read that I love to keep revisiting.
Other: My very first book series was Nancy Drew and the Hardy boys in hardcover. Then the myths and folklore of the world. Next came sci-fi, fantasy, and young adult fiction. The Shannara series is one, the second is Virtual World, and Wild Magic is the last book series.

Name: Voivode
Pronouns (optional): She/her
Where are you from?: USA
Are you a reader or a writer (or both)?: Writer, mostly. If I catch something cool, I’ll read it.
What genres do you like best?: I write good fantasy and paranormal, but sometimes I need a good comedy.
What book or game are you hooked on right now?: Shop Titans and Mech Arena are my writing break games.
Other: I like being a crazy old hermit.

women fashion big discount