May '22: As Bright As the Moon

Our May contest is officially open! Sharpen your claws and put on those flea meds because it’s WEREWOLF season :wolf: This is also our first contest where you’ll be able to submit your entry straight from TalesCreator. Pretty freakin’ cool, right?

So what is your entry about? Are you going for a steamy werewolf romance, or a spooky nighttime thriller? OR MAYBE… a hybrid of both!

3 Likes

Does anybody want to read a sneak preview of my story? :upside_down_face:

Yes, please

There was something calming about the night breeze as it swept Rosella’s dark hair out of her eyes. She stood out on the balcony feeling nauseous, one hand laying protectively over her flat stomach as the other lent upon the railing. Her yellow-brown eyes scanned the silent stars that twinkled in the night, her irises reflecting the brilliant light of the full moon. She had partially shifted into her wolf to ease some of the pressure on her human body, her ears twitching as they absorbed the sounds of the night; crickets and cicadas playing merry tunes in the tall grass, and her tail swayed behind her whenever the wind blew past.

Far below the stage had been set and the fires had been lit. Rose petals lined the cobblestones creating a pathway leading towards the altar that had been erected on the centre of the courtyard. All that was missing was the blushing bride and the handsome groom. Rosella would be the bride, but the problem with the groom was that he wasn’t the man she was in love with.

3 Likes

Preview, subject to change before deadline

Silver Moon, White Fangs

The full moon’s harsh light threw the massive paw print into sharp relief. Equal hope and fear shot through me as I crouched down to study it. It was easily the size of both of my hands.

I traced it for a second, fascinated, before starting down the werewolf’s trail. The sweet tang of crushed pine needles flavored every breath I took. He’d passed this way recently.

This would be it. No more running. No more hiding.

I’d been stalking the wolf, Vail Glazier, for four months now. In human form, he was a typical trust fund baby: brash, uncensored, utterly confident in his own invulnerability. It made him unlikeable to many, but that playful recklessness was exactly what had attracted me to him. We’d had two good years together. They were far from perfect, but good enough to wake me in the middle of the night, thinking I felt his roaming hands on my waist and his lips on my neck.

But here I was, hunting down Vail in the middle of Coconino Forest, with sixteen silver rounds locked and loaded.

3 Likes

Ahhh, this scene is both so calming and also so tense as it unfurls. Filled with promise of SOMETHING big happening. I’m also very intrigued about the world aesthetic and what this society looks like! Thanks for the teaser :purple_heart:

2 Likes

WHOA trust fund baby werewolf?! That sounds interesting, hahaha. I’m very intrigued as to how things got from where they were between these two to where they’re at by the time we get this scene. Thanks so much for sharing!! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Don’t be shy!

1 Like

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I feel great things to come.

1 Like

@brooke @sgilbertwriter
My entry is on the app if you wanted to check it out :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Moonwalkers and Bloodsuckers

2 Likes

I absolutely will! Thanks for the link

1 Like

You’re welcome. I look forward to hearing what you think of it :blush:

1 Like

Big news, wolf pack! We’re extending the deadline on our contest for another month. Our new close date is June 30th! :wolf: :full_moon:

1 Like