Off-Topic Recommendations

Okay so first of all, I’m new to Tales. :wave::slightly_smiling_face: I’m loving it so far - both the reading/playing and the writing/creating (although I’m having to learn some coding for that lol - still fun) and I LOVE getting to rework some of my stories into this fun interactive format - but one thing has started bugging me about the reader/player side -

When you have the app installed on your phone (at least for Android but assuming all users) you not only get pop-up notifications for stories/games that are way outside of your preferences (which you make clear by answering the questions about it when signing up) but then you are also flooded with images and descriptions of these off-topic recommendations every time you open the app to continue reading/playing a story that is actually within your field of interest.

For example:
I personally prefer Science Fiction, Fantasy, Adventure and the like over genres like Romance and Erotica - not trying to offend anyone but personally Erotica is just not my thing. So when i get a pop up like “new chapter released for The Sexy Nun’s Sexcapades” (lol just made that up if you can’t tell - apologies if anyone actually has a story like this hehe) it’s a bit annoying.

Now I’m not a total prude I promise lol so for me it was just a slight annoyance and a pretty simple fix by just turning all notifications off for the app in my phone settings, BUT if I were to finish a story/game of my own and share it with, say, my super-religious mother, she might not appreciate something like that at ALL :sweat_smile: same with the cover images and descriptions innundatimg her every time she opened the app to read her daughter’s work, lol.

I understand that there are certain stories that are featured and being promoted at certain times but I’m just saying it would be really nice to not have to worry about stuff like this when creating something you want to be able to share with said super-religious mom, etc :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just hope that in the near future the pop-up notifications as well as the in-app recommendations can be more focused on those preferences the reader/player chooses when they answer the questionnaire upon downloading the app - whatever those preferences might be :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to Tales and thank you for your feedback :blush: I’ve brought it to the staff’s attention :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

That makes complete sense. We are releasing a way of targeting so that erotica and romance readers will receive different types of recommendations. Thanks for bringing this up!!

2 Likes

Thanks so much! :blush:

1 Like

Oh, wonderful news!
Thank you so much :blush:

(And sorry it took me so long to get back here, honestly didn’t figure anyone would reply for while lol and apparently didn’t have notifications turned on for this either lol but now i do - plus been immersed in learning and creating :sweat_smile:)

1 Like