Question of the Week

A girl takes a boat trip with some people who don’t like the sun.

2 Likes

A spirit and ex-spirit live for half a century together while being superheroes-slash-exorcists.

1 Like

LOL oh no this is great

Question of the Day: 4/1

Are you the type of writer who is rooting for their own characters, or do you prefer to torture your characters with tragedy? Both? Something else?

I love rooting for the underdog. So I you have to put them in enough trouble to feel “oh no” but they definitely can make it out alive.

1 Like

guy meets girl and they date

aka generic romance plot #2

1 Like

I think I tend to root for a character once he or she has suffered to some extent. Probably because suffering takes some depth to be written into a character and some thought. And once you’ve given them enough thought to really make them suffer you can’t help but root for them.

2 Likes

Question of the Day: 4/4

What’s something you have extensive knowledge about that a lot of people don’t know?

Molecular Biology and Biochemistry I guess… studied it for years :see_no_evil: with degree in the end, but unwilling to move every 2-3 years for a new research position.

1 Like

Cats and apocalyptic self-defeating thoughts.

1 Like

Question of the Day: 4/5

How do you feel about the role that social media plays in modern fiction marketing? Is it necessary to have a lively social following to be a “successful” author?

As an avid avoider of social media, I guess I don’t like it. I don’t know much about how necessary it is, but I’m sure it helps those who are good at it.

2 Likes

If you don’t have anyone to promote your work for you… like a publisher or you won some big contest stuff…

Then yes, it’s a necessary evil… I really don’t like social media, as I’m not a lively, bubbly person >.< it’s hard for me to post happy stuff every few days.

But it is important to keep the social media stuff active to attract people and hopefully reader :frowning:

1 Like

Astronomy. But I haven’t read any books relevant to it for a long time and I’ve gained info bits and pieces, so maybe my knowledge about it is outdated now. Still, I remember how lonely my twin and I were for unable to share it because people were either uninterested or overwhelmed. From elementary to college.

2 Likes

oooh I love Astronomy :smiley: also always interested since a child :smiley: learned star constellations and my father got me a telescope and all :smiley: only thing that stopped me from studying it, that it was mostly theoretically and lots of math :smiley: I do like math, but didn’t want to only look at data :smiley:

2 Likes

Maybe there’s another way to reach out, so it isn’t necessary(?) But it is the most effective since I’ve seen many self published authors have pulled in readers just from posting in IG. I was one of those readers even (but later I DNF because of their stupid tropes). To make a decent amount of money, you gotta give away a little of yourself unfortunately. Unless you’re strike with luck.

1 Like

LMAOO understandable! Their math got me dizzy af and I had to learn them slowly. Yeah, most of them are theoretical so it really doesn’t help me in career-wise and at times, got a bit frustrated that most were just theories, not complete answers. But now I’m grown up, I understand why.

2 Likes

Question of the Day: 4/6

Surprise! The cast of the last project you worked on is taking you out for the night. Where are they taking you … and how is the night going to go? :joy:

1 Like

To a personalized concert performed by them. It definitely will be a magical night!

1 Like

They ask me to watch their child while they go out. I would do it without complaint, but would give the child lessons on how to be more annoying and let her watch Robocop, the R-rated movie her mom wouldn’t allow her to watch.

2 Likes