The Roommate (guru_charan_7)

Narrator (in a hushed voice): When I started college, I was excited to live on my own for the first time. But that excitement quickly turned to terror when I met my new roommate.

Cut to a shot of a young woman sitting on her bed, looking uneasy.

Narrator: Her name was Emily, and she seemed nice at first. But there was something off about her. She never left the room, and she hardly ever spoke.

Cut to a shot of Emily sitting at her desk, staring blankly at a book.

Narrator: I tried to make conversation with her, but she would only give me one-word answers. I started to get the feeling that she was hiding something.

Cut to a shot of the narrator lying in bed, trying to sleep.

Narrator: That’s when I started hearing strange noises at night. At first, I thought it was just Emily moving around, but the sounds were too eerie to be from a normal person.

Cut to a shot of the narrator peeking out from under the covers.

Narrator: It sounded like something was scratching at the walls. And then, I started hearing whispers. I couldn’t make out what they were saying, but they sounded like they were coming from the other side of the room.

Cut to a shot of the narrator sitting at her desk, looking through Emily’s things.

Narrator: I decided to look through Emily’s stuff while she was out one day. And that’s when I found it.

Cut to a shot of the narrator holding a creepy doll.

Narrator: It was a doll that looked just like me. And it had scratch marks all over its face.

Cut to a shot of the narrator confronting Emily.

Narrator: I asked her about the doll, but she just laughed and said it was a joke. But I knew better. I could feel it in my bones that something wasn’t right.

Cut to a shot of the narrator packing her bags and leaving the room.

Narrator: I couldn’t take it anymore. I had to get out of there.

Closing shot: A dark hallway with the narrator’s voiceover
Narrator: To this day, I still don’t know what Emily’s intentions were. But I do know one thing. I never want to see that doll again

Play on Desktop
- Chapter 1: Chapter1