Variables and Key Decisions

Hi! For the life of me I can’t figure this out.

I put the variable down on one path, (after a label) like so:

:share_bed
(give: ROBIN)
(give: ROBIN_MOMENT_BED)

At the beginning of the game, I have set as:

[set: ROBIN_MOMENT_BED 0 -loadout]

And later on in the chapter, there is an “if” “else” statement about it:

* [if: ROBIN_MOMENT_BED]

Text here.

* [else]

Other text here.

[join]

Somehow, I always get the else. Even if I went through that path. Whenever I chose the other option and I’m not met with that variable, nothing is set either, but the else is still triggered (which makes sense).

Regarding Key Decisions, I seem to have problems with that too. I used the Path code at the beginning and the “decide” code after, as such:

(decide: ROBIN_MOMENT yes) 

But at the end of the game, it shows that I chose both the “yes” option and the “no” option? I don’t really understand. Would really appreciate the help, thanks!

Try using empty space lines between the two gives

And check your variable tab on the right side to see if ROBIN_MOMENT_BED get the 1 value assigned :smiley:

:share_bed

(give: ROBIN)

(give: ROBIN_MOMENT_BED)

For key decisions:

Within the header (top most field)
you add these definitions of the paths and describe what they mean:

and then in the choices, you add the (decide: …) line you’re using (the code is correct)

But here also, the decide command likes to stand alone (so add empty lines before and after it)

If still something’s not working, I’d be happy to have a look at your script :slight_smile: You can share your script with me (Amanda Darkwood) when you give me access to your chapter (I can only read it, and not change anything within! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, thank you for responding!

I’ve done all that you said and it still doesn’t seem to be working properly, none of it! I tested to see if the 1 was assigned after that scene but it was still 0. I don’t understand it at all.

I have shared the script with you, thank you so much for offering to help! Please let me know if there’s anything I can do.

oh man… already see one thing :see_no_evil: and I’m so blind.

the command is

[give: ROBIN_MOMENT_BED]

not (give: ROBIN_MOMENT_BED) ← the brackets were wrong :smiley:

I found a few little other maybe issues, I’ll send you a private message

1 Like