What are you playing?

Okay, so a ton of us are gamers which means… this topic was inevitable LOL

What video game are you playing a bunch of lately?

2 Likes

I recently picked up Hades again and am playing the HECK out of it. I played it last January in 2020 for, like, the entirety of my holiday break and then didn’t touch it again for a while but HOLY MOLY this game is so good.

I really don’t have any love for rogue likes but it feels so satisfying to play. But what truly blows me away is just the wealth of freakin’ CONTENT holy SHIT I have poured hundreds of hours into this game and I have yet to run into a single repeat line of dialogue. The story itself and the characters are so well-realized - and it’s all voice acted?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! What a good game.

If you play, lmk who your fav characters are :eyes: Chaos is my #1, but Thanatos is a total babe forever and ever and ever

1 Like

I’m on a Stardew Valley kick, glad I finally bought it! There’s so much to do!

1 Like

Hmm if I don’t want to work :rofl: and think I can spare some time:, I mostly play these two

My Time at Portia
Kingdom Come Deliverance

Though also going back to playing Mass Effect, Horizon Zero Dawn (and hopefully someday I’ll have a PS5 to play the new part), Tomb Raider, Uncharted, God of War, etc… :rofl:

1 Like

OMG yes!!! I have Stardew on three different devices LOL. It’s so much fun. Who are you romancing?!

Oh man I got really into My Time at Portia for a while. It’s pretty relaxing and I found that there was always something to do or upgrade or work towards and that goes a long way. You’d probably like Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town too!

1 Like

Animal Crossing! Lol. My youngest (2 years old)really gets into it. She asks me to play as her and we go and ‘koffeee’ together every morning. We crossed a walking bridge the other day and she goes ‘just like in Animal Crossing!’ :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

NOOOO that’s so cute I’m going to cry :sneezing_face:

My favorite every Animal Crossing villager is Bob the cat. When I first played the game on Gamecube years ago (am I old now?) I thought that you got the same villagers every time you started a village and Bob was one of my original villagers. Well at some point I deleted my save and wanted to start new, but then there was NO BOB.

Mind you, I was obsessed with Bob. I made custom Bob-colored patterns and wore a shirt that said “I :purple_heart: Bob” on it in the same two-tone purple colors he has and he liked the shirt and started wearing it and I had Bob-spot wallpaper that I designed and everything.

I was so sad that I restarted my village something like 30 times until I got Bob back :joy:

Who is ur kid’s fav villager and who is yours? :eyes:

1 Like

I really like Deidre. I love the big sister villagers. Maybe because that’s my personality? LMAO

My oldest… not quite sure she gets that talking to the villagers is a big part of the game, probably because she’s trying her hardest to get how to read.

Little one likes the coffee pigeon :joy:

1 Like

Elliot, lol, he’s me in Stardew form :rofl:

1 Like

yes My Time at Portia is really fun and relaxing :slight_smile: and also great to just not play for a while… so perfect game for in-between work :smiley:

They also bring out another Tima at (sandbrok or something?) story :smiley: so maybe will play that too.

I read you can play like over 120h to get through the whole story. Mostly interested in because it’s post-apocalyptic and just got to know some AI from the past time :slight_smile: so yeah.

I looked into Story of Seasons, but maybe someday :smiley:

1 Like

My brother actually gave me Hades on Steam for Christmas but I haven’t started it yet. Can’t say I’ve got much time to play, honestly. Another game in the same gift package was Factorio - and I play it occasionally when I need to unwind. It’s really addictive if you ask me.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of it but haven’t played it! Maybe I need to try Factorio. :thinking:

1 Like

I just downloaded Night Call (Night Call by Raw Fury), an indie game on itch.io recently as part of their “Bundle for Ukraine” (Bundle for Ukraine by Necrosoft Games and 733 others - itch.io). I’m always partial to detective / film noir and this narrative driven game is right up my alley!

3 Likes

Ooblets. Seems simple but hella addicting ;-;

2 Likes

I’ve been playing Gloomhaven. It’s a great digital adaptation of one of my favorite board games. I’m tempted to say I almost like it more than playing the physical version…at least I do when playing solo.

1 Like

Persona 5 Royal… took me a few weeks to get what only feels like half-way. Not as good as 4 sadly.

2 Likes

OH yea I’ve heard of the board game! That’s really cool tho that they made it well enough that you like playing it solo maybe better than the physical version. I might need to try it out…

Ahhhhhh. I’ve had P5 on my to-play list for SO long. With the amount of overlap in video game taste that you and I have, I should probably dive into it soon

1 Like

It’s a reeeeeeally good board game, (I’ve Kickstarted the sequel Frosthaven and can’t wait) but it does have a lot of set up. When you lose a level it’s very discouraging to have to re-set it all up again. There’s something really nice about just having the computer game auto set it up. My ‘set up time tolerance’ is a lot lower in board games when I’m playing it by myself.

1 Like